Bachelor, Development Management
Simon delivers results, providing his clients with quality completed building projects on time and within budget.
He is experienced in coordinating the entire construction process, including labour resources, to ensure build work is progressed according to design for delivery on time within the approved budget.
Simon has managed a cross-section of building projects and offers Trenert’s clients experience in a variety of project management roles:
- integrated whole building fitouts
- major refurbishments of office spaces
- retail interior fitouts
- hotel and resort refurbishments or fit out
- large-scale residential construction projections
- mixed-use retail
- civic spaces construction
- commercial office renovation or fitout
- Government office building fitout
- off-the-plan apartment developments
Simon is an enthusiastic Development Manager with a great eye for detail, and Trenert’s clients trust Simon to make timely decisions and find cost-effective solutions to complete each development project as efficiently as possible.
Simon takes a collaborative approach to development management, working closely with suppliers, contractors and other key stakeholders including building owners, property developers and architects, engineers and other professionals.
Simon’s experience managing major Queensland projects up to $200 million includes:
- value engineering
- buildability analysis
- project programming
As Trenert’s Development Manager, Simon oversees complex property development projects relying on his expert management skills.
- Implementing financial strategies including negotiating contracts and disputed change orders, to offer the client value;
- Understanding the client’s objectives and creating clear goals that focus on these outcomes
- Preparing construction contracts, tenders and contract bids to ensure the client receives value for money
- Coordinating a design that meets the client brief
- Taking a proactive approach to managing relationships between stakeholders, contractors, local government authorities and financiers, to effectively resolve conflicts and improve onsite performance
Residential Unit Development – South Brisbane
This $200 million residential, off the plan apartment construction comprised three towers with a shared pool deck podium and rooftop public spaces.
Simon’s role was to coordinate the design development process. This included controlling the revised Development Application for approval and managing the relationship between stakeholders such as lawyers, land surveyors, body corporate, town planning and consultant design team.
Luxury Hotel Refurbishment – Whitsundays
Working remotely, Simon coordinated the major refurbishment of the world class luxury
5 star resort, overcoming difficulties in site access to complete the transformation with the tight deadline set by the client.
Over an 18 month period the resort’s $180 million refurbishment included
160 resort rooms, a new swimming pool, restaurants, bars and
Green Building Office Fit Out – Brisbane
This Government development project necessitated a base build and integrated fit-out of the purpose built headquarters for Queensland Government electricity provider Energex.
Designs for the $125 million commercial fit out works project were required to achieve a 6 star Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) energy efficiency rating for the fit out.
As Development Manager, Simon’s roles demanded that he delivery this goal of green star certification to the client. Achieving the highest level of energy efficiency required
Retail Fitout – Brisbane
Simon successfully managed a brand new Woolworths retail outlet interior space fitout.
This $15 million fit out project offered the client energy saving long-term solutions which focused on methods for maximising customer spend, while ensuring compliance with complex workplace health and safety regulations.
Simon is currently the development manager for luxury residential development 31Broadbeach.
Contact Simon Jeppesen